After my HSG is December I was REALLY dreading the next test that my RE had me lined up for...an endometrial biopsy. I have heard terrible things about the procedure and all the research I've done on my own really didn't support even having one. After much thought and discussion with Tom I decided that even if I had the biopsy and it came back normal we would not be jumping into an IUI right away (which is what "the plan" entailed if the biopsy came back normal). So I grew some balls and called the doctor's office and spoke with his nurse who was at least semi-tolerable on the phone this time (I've had issues with these girls before) and my doc called me back later that afternoon to tell that it was fine with him if I didn't do the biopsy and we would proceed with treatment as if it came back abnormal (because all my symptoms are indicative of that anyway). He even agreed that it wasn't the most reliable of tests anyway. I was so relieved and grateful and I think it was the break I needed to really get back on the trying to conceive bandwagon.
I hate letting myself get excited every month but when you think that it could, it might happen and that this month could be THE month, it's hard not to smile...


No comments:
Post a Comment