The embryologist called late yesterday afternoon (not fun sitting around all day waiting for him to call) and said two of the embryos stopped growing, 10 looked great (6-8 cells each) and 6 were still dividing but kindof being pokey about it. He said not to count the slow ones out yet, they could catch up today and tomorrow. So with this info they scheduled my embryo transfer for tomorrow at 1pm. After MUCH discussion Tom and I have semi-decided to just transfer one embryo. The risk of twins is just too high (for my comfort) if you transfer two (like 50% chance of twins). Basically I've had to ask myself the question "What's worse, twins or not getting pregnant?". And the answer for me is twins. I want a chance to have a "normal" pregnancy and delivery. I think twins are a blessing and of course if it happened I would be thrilled but I think it would be reckless to try for twins. The chances of prematurity, cerebral palsy, hospitlization etc are sooo much higher with twins than a singleton.
Of course if we get to clinic tomorrow and none of the embies are looking really good or if for some terrible reason all but two or three stopped growing, we would definitely be transfering two. So I guess it's kind of a game day decision. I'll keep you posted!
11 years ago


2 comments:
yay! almost time! love you guys!!!
omg - its here, its here! its finally here. so excited for you and tom. lots of love and prayers for you tomorrow!
Post a Comment