Thursday, March 12, 2009

What happened to Spring?

I was sooo enjoying the nice weather we had last weekend and earlier this week...Spring can be so frustrating, especially in Arkansas/East Texas (because they seem to have the same crazy weather patterns)...It is totally nasty, freezing cold and absolutely miserable outside. Thankfully, Little Rock seems to have this invisable shield that protects us from the ice and winter mix that has battered North Arkansas over and over this winter. I'm praying that all my peeps in Northwest Arkasas are ok and still have power when they get home today from work!

On a more personal note, I have started clomid. So we are officially "in treatment" for our sub-fertility. I debated whether or not to post about it, but in the end the only people that read this are friends and would (hopefully) be supportive of our decision to go ahead with the plan.

Things that lead up to the decision:
- After using the prometrium in Jan. I had the WIERDEST cycle ever, which culminated with me thinking I was pregnant and having a blood test done at my doctors office. Of course it was negative. That really sucked.
- I never had a positive OPK in Feb. which means I never ovulated. This has only happened one other time (Dec.) and I'm pretty sure to get pregnant, you have to ovulate.
- Then I started 5 days early.
- We made a return appt. to the doctor this past Monday and he suggested we go ahead with our first cycle on clomid. We totally agreed and were super pumped.

And so here I am, on my fourth day of a five day treatment. I start my OPK this Sunday and it's SUPPOSED to be positive on Monday. He offered a mid cycle U/S to make sure I wasn't having side effects like hyperstimulation or thinning of my lining but we declined since EVERYTHING from here on is out of pocket for us. We will have to do the U/S next cycle if we don't get PG this one.

I guess maybe I didn't want to post all this in hopes that in not talking about it would make me not think about it so much, but that doesn't work. On a recent girls trip, I vowed not to mention it (because it sucks and is sad and who wants to talk about sucky sad things when you are supposed to be having fun?) but alas, I DID talk about it (to much) mostly because I was drunk and I've felt rotten about it ever since. Hope I wasn't a downer and I promise I will do better in June!

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

ha ha ha!!! I LOVE you Suzanne!!! Of COURSE you have to talk about these things!!! This is your LIFE!!! THANK YOU for the update...and I am super excited about the clomid! :)

Haley Nicodemus said...

Are you kidding me? Don't be ridiculous! You can ALWAYS talk about it and it is anything but a downer when you do. Your friends are your friends for that reason - to know what your dealing with and to be supportive. You are always welcome to share your journey with me!

jillian abernathy said...

suze, i am really excited for you guys and praying consistently. you are precious for being so open and honest! keep us posted! hugs hugs hugs!

Sara Staley said...

You are so silly! I want you to tell me everything!! That is how you release pent up stress my friend! And I am so happy you guys started Clomid. My friend Dand got on it and after using it for about 2-3 months, boom-they just celebrated their son's first b-day. But I must say, I hope you are just as fun prego in Vegas as you were not!!! HAHA!