We've been fairly busy the last few months here in T town. AC guys, painters, more painters, stereo people, tv people, grout people...and we still need to get a plumber and a locksmith in here! We really do love the house but we may have underestimated the amount of maintenance that it needed (isn't that always the case?) Another issue has been "prioritizing" the projects that need to be done. Tom and I have differing opinions most of the time...for example:
We FINALLY ordered the crib and dresser/changing table yesterday and I feel like a giant weight has been lifted off my shoulders! We went with white furniture and I think it's going to look great! We have the room painted and I bought the glider about a month ago...
Once I get the crib with the bedding set up the pink and blue combo will make more sense. I hope. Next for the nursery is finding window treatments. My mom and I have a plan to find fabric next week and we already had a seamstress come out and measure so hopefully (fingers crossed) we can have the room done before E gets here. And if not, no biggie...we have the bassinet so at least she'll have somewhere to sleep...
I'm going to guess that the second bump pic was taken at about 28 weeks?? Very annoying that iphone photo doesn't date the pics...And the first one was taken this past weekend before we left for my 10 year HS reunion at 31 weeks. My smile looks weird to me but I think that's because my face is "swollen" (a nice word for fat)...and the reason I'm using the terrible iphone camera is because ours is lost, gone, haven't seen it since 4th of July...
The reunion weekend was super fun but very exhausting! Two nights in a row of up till one, not so good for me. But I've recovered and am feeling really good! We had a doc appt. yesterday and E's heartrate is slowing down, she's now 120-130 which my Dr. said was just fine... I don't really like listening to it with the doppler because you hear all these extra sounds and it freaks me out every time. I was taught you should only hear two (lub-dub) and any more than that is abnormal. Of course that's with a stethoscope on adults and the doc reassures me every time it's normal to hear all the extra noises...I'm measuring "perfect" and I don't think I've had any contractions of any kind. My doc said this will likely change in the next two weeks and I'll "know" when I have one...She's movin and grovin all the time and we think she's head down with her back on my right side.
Hard to believe we only have 8 weeks, maybe not even, until she arrives!


2 comments:
I'm so glad you've finally updated this! We miss you and Tom in LR. Can't wait to meet sweet baby Evelyn!!
eeeeeek!!! so close! so close! love you and your beautiful bump - otherwise known as Miss EML - can't wait to meet her! :)
Post a Comment