Instead of being at home with my mom on this rainy Mother's Day, I opted instead to try and make myself a mother. We had our first intrauterine insemination this morning. All in all I guess it went ok, but definitely not like I thought it would. Let me start with I did not take clomid this month. The doctors had me take a drug called Femara, which is actually only FDA approved for the treatment of breast cancer. It's new to the fertility med lineup and typically produces fewer eggs than clomid so the doc said this was a better option for us. Now I'm not so sure though. At my day 12 U/S I only had one eggie. This is what the doc was hoping for but I must admit that I was a bit disappointed. I wanted at least two for our first IUI. Anyway, our appt. was at 8:30 this morning and we got home a little after noon. It shouldn't take this long but of course my cervix was NOT in a cooperative mood and needed some persuading i.e. lidocaine injection, tenaculum, and a rigid catheter. It felt as scary as it sounds, but Tom was there with me and the doc was really nice about it all...Not how I wanted to spend my rainy Sunday morning but you gotta do what you gotta do ;)
So we've got one egg with 76 million sperm knocking on her door. Let's hope she lets one in!
Nothing else really going on except LOVING being a part time housewife! I feel so much better not having the clinic just consuming my energy and time...And now that I'm at home more, I'm trying to make dinner at least 3 or 4 times a week so any good (fairly simple;) dinner recipes would be greatly appreciated ladies! Haley, I am specifically requesting mexican manicotti and the avocado salsa (I accidentally deleted the email you sent with the ingredients) And E. Gist, I'm in need of your chicken spaghetti for sure!
Thank you all for your positive thoughts and prayers, you guys are always in mine!
4 comments:
I'll be praying for you! I can't wait to get an update. When do you find out if it worked?
I'll email you the recipes tomorrow sometime!
Glad you're enjoying your part-time job. Hey - maybe you can be a part-time model! (Please tell me you've seen that episode of Flight of the Conchords - hysterical!)
Good luck Suzanne. I will definitely be praying for you. I'm sure you will be a mother in no time!
so exciting! i have not met tom but he must be fantastic to be by your side thru this all...what a wonderful hubby :) im praying and praying of course. miss you and hope to see you soon! maybe both of us with big ol bellies :)xoxo
I am really excited for you and hope that this go around works! I will be keeping my little fingers crossed! Love you!
Post a Comment